Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Four Seasons of Utah

There isn't much construction UDOT can do in the winter time because it's just too dang cold. When they do try to patch up holes in the road, they bounce right back out and it's just the same a week later. I came to conclusion, the four seasons of Utah are no longer Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall--it is Winter, Road Construction, Road Construction, and Road Construction. No matter where you go, what city you go to, what interstate you take, there is going to be some kind of road construction. I know it's not just Utah, I believe it to be other states as well, but I have just lived in Utah my entire life, so it's the seasons I've grown up with :P Do you ever wonder what was going through their heads once they have finished the construction??? Sometimes the roads are completely retarded and you just wonder who the PM was on that job??? In Springville, as you exit onto the interstate off exit 261, they are always painting and repainting arrows, the roads are so confusing to one who has never been on that exit--I can see where road rage comes in to play. 
Yesterday (Saturday) was our yearly McKinnon reunion...YAY!!!! (if you could only hear the sarcasm in my typing.) We get to see cousins that we don't know, drive to a place that we don't know how to get to, and spend all day saturday there!! Surprisingly it turned out to be OK. My grandma is the only one left of all her sisters, so she was the bell of the ball :) I sat with my mom and her sister Geri and her husband Galyn and brother George and his wife Elaine and her cousins Mary Anne and Mary Lou--they have a great time when they're all together which made it fun. It was a challenge getting there, that's for sure. It was up in Providence, Utah at my mom's cousin, Mary Anne's . It was there about 4 years ago, but how are we suppose to remember how to get there from 4 years ago??? The address wasn't numbers, it was a number and Hillsboro Dr. with no map. My aunt Geri said Mapquest was no help at all, so I'm glad we didn't use that. But we did end up in Hyrum instead up Providence and were driving around for about 20 minutes then decided to call then drove around trying to find it after we got directions and ended up in Logan for another 20 minutes. Whew. It's quite an exiting drive up there also... I'll bring up the topic of road construction back up. (North Salt Lake) I don't think I've ever seen so many orange cones in my life...where do they store all of those???? 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am In. Love. with that sign. It's sooo true...