Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10, 2008

As I anxiously went to my dr.'s appointment yesterday to find out what he was going to do with me and this baby that just seemed to not want to come, he made a decision. Well, it wasn't the babe that wasn't wanting to come after all, it's my body. I have the great luck of not dilating...AT ALL. A week overdue and my cervix still hadn't come forward and the babe still hadn't dropped. I still wasn't thinning and and completely closed. The dr. said he could induce me--putting the gel on my cervix every 6 hrs, then after so long, start the Pitocin (Is that how you spell it???). He said 40% chance I would be able to have him naturally, 60% I would end up having to have gone through all that and end up having a Cesarean. Two of  my sisters never dilate. He said, given that history, he recommended a Cesarean. I looked at my mom, she recommended a Cesarean. This morning at 6:00 am I am having a Cesarean!! 
Yesterday was a weird day. Not seeming real almost. I went to lunch with Aly and walked the mall haha ---my ankles are a little swollen now, that part I won't miss ;) Last night Kenyon and Holly, Weston and Carolyn, my mom and grandma and I went to JCW's for dinner then went to Aly and Nick's where Weston gave me a wonderful blessing of comfort---I'm so grateful to have the priesthood in my family! And I'm so glad Max is going to a family where the priesthood is very important. 
We came home and I got all I could ready for Max's big arrival today. ---If I haven't told you that's what they are naming him, Max Milton...my little M&M--my little Peanut. We just don't know how little he is going to be HAHA! A week overdue! Getting to sleep last night was hard. Waking up to use the restroom, then trying to get back to sleep---I finally just woke up at 3:30 a.m. and have been laying there ever since with restless legs and thought I should let everyone know what's happening and that things are a movin' now :) 
I can't wait to meet this little guy, I have a great love for him. It IS possible to love someone so much that you've never even met. I want to thank everyone for all your love and support throughout everything! I could have never done this alone, especially without my mom. She has been such a great support and has helped me
through thick and thin!
*I stole this picture off Mrs. R's blog cause I LOVE it and I love her blog!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Just wandered across here. I'm sorry that you are having a c-section Depending on family history you may just bake your babies longer. The American Academy of OBGYN's state that you are not "overdue" until 42wks of pregnancy have been completed. And plenty of women don't dialate at all before labor (me included.I was induced early with my first and didn't dialate, had a c-section, and a repeat with my next third time I wanted to try so I waited for labor...I didn't dialate until well into labor.) If after the fact you need support check out www.ican-online.org.