Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Little Peanut

From the day I found out that I was pregnant I knew the baby growing inside me deserved so much more than what I could offer it. It needed a future and mom and a dad. That is where Jared and Amanda came in. They stuck by me for almost 8 months of patiently waiting for their little guy to come. June 10, 2008, Max Milton was born via c-section weighing in at 8 lbs. 11 oz and 20 in. long. 

I am so very grateful to have been able to spend those four days in the hospital with Max and Jared and Amanda. That way, Amanda's family and friends were also able to come and meet the new addition to their family and I was able to meet the wonderful family and friends. 
My sister, Kris from Boise, Idaho also was able to drive down for a day, which meant so much to me. My grandma was staying with us at the time and was also able to meet Max
I am so grateful for everyone's love and support!!! I cannot say "Thank You" enough! I am so blessed with an amazing family of my own, with such caring brothers and sisters who I love so much and my family is blessed with our mother. My mom is the most selfless person I know. She would do anything for anyone. She has been by my side and has taken care of me when I needed her. I don't know what I would do without her in my life, I love my mom and I am grateful for her love and her support through everything this past year. 

Me and My Little Peanut just hours after he was born
  
He has the cutest and longest little toesies! He always has them curled :)
   
I absolutely love him

All ready to go home
  
The loving mommy and daddy :)

Adoption is not a breaking of trust but a keeping of faith...not the abandonment of a baby, but an abandonment of self for a baby's sake. 
-Curtis Young


5 comments:

Holly said...

Ashlee-I am so proud of you! You have continually amazed me through this whole process. Kenyon and I love you and pray for you always. Max will always be part of our eternal family. I am so proud to be your sister-in-law...love you! Holly

Noah and Amanda said...

Ash...I am so amazed by you! You're completely selfless and I'm impressed with everything you do.

Lori said...

It was such an honor to meet you Ashlee. How do you thank someone for such a selfless act? You have eternally blessed the lives of my best friends. You are amazing. Thank you for bringing Jared and Amanda lil Max!

bryce and brenley said...

Ashlee, this all brings me to tears! You are responsible for adorable Max's life...he will have a Mother AND a Father, he will have an eternal family, he will have the priesthood in his home, he will have twice as much love because he has two families. He will have YOU as his birthmother! What a very lucky and blessed boy! You are my HERO as I know you are Amanda and Jared's also!I know because of this decision many blessings will be poured upon you, I have seen this in our son's birthmother's life in the last six months since our son was born! You are amazing and beautiful!
Brenley

Amanda said...

Ashlee, Jared and I just keep talking about how amazing you are, and what an amazing experience it was to be in the hospital with you...to share time with both of Max's families. We love him so much and always kiss him double for you. We love you!
P.S. This is a sample picture the photographer sent me of our photo shoot last week. I'm excited to see them all!