Friday, October 3, 2008

A day to remember

Yes. I have slacked off a little bit. Ok, a lot. Where HAS the time gone? Here are the pictures, thee ADORABLE pictures of thee most handsome boy EV-ER.
How do I even begin to describe this day?
Well, first of all, it was long ago on September 14, 2008. We had this planned for weeks for Jared, Amanda and Max to come down for Sunday dinner before Max had his surgery (Another post, coming soon to a blog near you ;) ). I was counting down, anticipating that night, super excited. It was a great night. It was a fabulous night. It was an uh-mazing night. Jared and Amanda came to my house first and then we drove to Teressa's for dinner. We sat in my living room for a minute to hold Max and have him to ourselves. I could not believe how much he had grown in the month that I saw him last. He was full of smiles and giggles.
I have never seen a happier baby!
Especially at that age, giggly and smiley as he is---it is way too cute!

I loved holding him. I loved feeding him. I loved kissing him. I loved watching him sleep. I loved looking at him and staring into his beautiful blue eyes.
I did share.....after awhile.

The babes, 3 months apart. She kept wanting to grab him, he just wanted to suck his fist.

This is what happens when you enter the Virchow's, baby boys get dressed up as girls. By the look on his face, I don't think he appreciated it much---neither did Jared. hee hee
When Drake was a baby, he was such a beautiful baby, Emily put a dress and headband on him and he looked just like a little girl! Sorry boys, that's what you get for being so beautiful.

He doesn't like to be held like if you can tell. When he's laying on the ground, he'll literally lift his head up off the ground...
talk about a strong boy!

I love him! He's such a cutie patootie!

I really love this picture.

Yeah, I know, my mom can't keep her eyes open in ANY picture...
it's still a cute picture.

Aww, they're so cute. I love them.

This was the funniest part of the night. Amanda layed Max down to change his diaper. When she was finished, me, Teressa and Aly went over and started playing with him. Emily was taking pictures of the whole event. Holy cow. Teressa had him giggling so hard, my cheeks hurt so bad afterwards from laughing and smiling!

Aly and Teressa...They shared sometimes too.

Hadley Mae and Max

Willow and Max. She was at girls came when he was born, so this was her first time seeing him--and her birthday!

I love this picture, it's so precious!!

Saying our goodbyes. Talan gave good kisses...
he was about to eat Max.

That was a great night. I am so grateful to have Jared and Amanda in my life. I have tried to explain it to them, and I don't know if it made sense at all to them, but I'll try to say it now. I am so grateful to be a member of The Church and know the truth. The Lord has truly blessed me and lifted the weight off my shoulders. The Lord has helped me so that when I see him, it's not hard, when I have to say goodbye, it's not hard. My love for Max is truly unconditional and he holds a special place in my heart and always will. I am so grateful that I have chosen an open adoption. When I was going through the adoption process, I was very hesitant on the openess. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way. Max is the best thing that has happen to me and I'm so very grateful he is with Jared and Amanda.


No comments: