Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake


I got this recipe off the Kraft website
...for all you chocolate and cheesecake lovers, this is d.vine!
I urge to you try it out.
----
18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (12 oz.) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, melted, slightly cooled
1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
4 eggs
----
PREHEAT oven to 300°F if using silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 275°F if using dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Set aside.
----
BEAT cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
----
BAKE 1 hour 5 min. to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
----
Garnish with Rasberries
***I read the reviews and people were saying that the crust with 18 oreos was too thin...so I put 22 oreos. I also used Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips instead; it probably didn't make a difference, but I'm a fan...Plus, they were cheaper.
***I also read you could use Low Fat or Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk and Cream Cheese and it still tastes great!

2 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

I'm a bit embarrassed cuz I just started to lick the screen...

I LOVE cheesecake! Especially chocoloate cheesecake! Darn those calories!

Aly G said...

It was great Ash!