Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Are You Wearin' Yer Green?

Today is Earth Day and I've never really acknowledged it before except for maybe in grade school. I know it's about recycling and keeping our clean and being GREEN...but as I look around me and take in the beauty that Heavenly Father has created for us, I am so greatful for this wonderful place to live. Utah. The beautiful mountains! I feel so safe and secure surrounded by them. ---I know, I know... we live right on the fault line, which one day will be a disasterous surprise... I'll take the beauty for now though :P Just on Thursday as I was outside to get the mail our tulips hadn't bloomed, but as I was looking outside impatiently awaiting my mom's arrival home, I looked down to see the blooming bright yellow, pink, and red tulips.---Soon to be eaten by the deer, but we'll enjoy them while we can :) I've lived in Utah my whole life and have gotten to enjoy the beautiful changing seasons. From the snow melting, to the flowers blooming and grass getting it's beautiful green on, to the leaves changing in the fall and the snow getting us stuck in the winter.

This makes me greatful for the sun and the beautiful sunset that we get to see nightly.

I love the changing of the leaves getting ready for the fall!



Anywho, enough of my ramblings...It's a nice day out today, make sure to take in the beauty around you!! And maybe do pick up that piece of trash that person walking in front of you littered...that can be your good deed for the day :D Happy Earth Day everyone!

No comments: