Thursday, April 10, 2008

Colors of the Rainbow

I love carrots and I love wikipedia. I look everything up on wikipedia :) Today as I was sitting at my desk eating my carrots, I thought I'd look up carrots to see what it had to say about them. I had no idea carrots grew in different colors..not just orange, but white, yellow, red, and purple. I wonder if they all taste the same? I think that if they did taste the same, after all the years of just eating orange carrots, I would have a hard time eating the different colors. It's kind of like Ketchup. Heinz came out with different colors. I LOVE ketchup! I can eat it on anything (well, almost anything). But when they came out with purple, blue and green ketchup, I could not bring myself to even trying it. It might taste the same, but red is what I know. Just like carrots...orange is what I know. It also says that carrots can be defined as a fruit and a vegetable because carrot jam is a Portuguese delicacy. GROSS! I'll stick to rasberry jam, thanks. Am I picky? Come on... someone has to agree with me on this. My mom says I'm picky with my food. If deli meat has been in the fridge over a week, I won't eat it. If ice cream has been in the freezer longer than a couple weeks--it gets sticky and icy. Smells on certain foods start arising and colors start happening. My mom says its just cause I'm paranoid. Anyway, I just wanted to share my view on carrots hee hee The purple carrots look putrid! I wonder if they taste anything like beets?? hmmm.

No comments: