Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Attack of the Snails!

They're ugly, they're slimey, they're gross, and did I mention they're ugly? Snails. Ewwwww. I hate them with a passion. Living in the basement with all the spiders, I've long learned to get a huge, long roll of toilet paper and kill the buggers, but still cannot manage to grab a grotesque snail by the shell. They're eating my moms plants and flowers bare, they leave they're nasty little slime tracks on the side walk....Is it true if you leave a cup of beer on the ground they'll smell it and climb in and drown??? HMMMMM.....24 Pack anyone???
Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I had my music going in my room when I heard a noise...Which is freaky because i'm in the basement all by myself. I turned my music down, but couldn't tell if it was my mom upstairs or the water from me getting in the shower earlier on. I turned my music back on and continued back to what I was doing. Later on, as I got into bed and was reading my book I heard something outside my window. --Do note, I am in the basement and outside my window is the window well, so I was a little freaked. I thought at first it was the wind blowing the bush against my window, but then I realized, the wind wasn't blowing.. It was a scratching and almost moaning noise, but don't leave it up to me to describe it haha I was a little freaked. I didn't dare open my blinds, so I called on my cell phone upstairs---hearing my mom's feet race to get the phone, I have her come down to hear the noise. Of course it's 10:30 p.m. and dark outside so we are unable to see outside my blinds, but as my eyes adjust to the dark I can see something dark dripping down the window well and and object right above it. Of course the worst of the worst of thoughts come through my head---Was that blood dripping down the well? Was that object an animal? My mom and I both didn't know what was outside my window, I wasn't going to go out there and I wasn't going to let my mom go out there alone, so we decided to call Todd Fischio, our neighbor. He came over bravely with his flashlight, my mom and I followed him hesitantly over by my window.. As we looked we could see nothing at first.. Come to find out, the object I thought was an animal, was a rock. The dark stuff dripping down the well, that was just mud. It's amazing what your imagination can do to you. BUT, as far as the noise, we found the culprit.. The attack of the Killer Snail! That ugly, gross, slimey thing was simply trying to get across my window, vibrating it and scratching it, only to get to my mom's plants to get some dinner. Unfortunately, he didn't make it. Todd did us a little favor, thank you, Todd.. He sent him to a little place called Snail Hell.
So, in the end, there was no foaming at the mouth animal outside my window trying to kill me and I was able to sleep peacefully through the night. :)
I still hate snails with a passion.

1 comment:

The Ball Babies said...

What a nightmarish tale!!! I hate slugs, snails, and anything of a slimey nature! We like to sprinkle salt on the critters and watch them dry up. Cool. I have heard that they are attracted to beer so you should have mom put some in a lid or something in the garden and see if they are attracted to it...Or maybe it will just make them drunk and you'll have more scratching on your window in the dark of night.ahhahahahahaaa..that was supposed to be an evil laugh.

Thanks for the laughs, Kris and Kourtni