Monday, May 12, 2008

In Loving Memory

When I first moved to Springville my ward was full of families that consisted little families of all boys. When they would try for another...a boy...another...boy. Soon there was so much building our neighborhood that was just four streets had to be split into two wards. But not forgetting those that were in our ward and always keeping in touch. As I sat in Sacrament yesterday waiting for my mom to arrive from work, i'm listening to the 2nd counselor as he is saying that we keep the Dalley's in our prayers and funeral services for Brother Dalley will be on Tuesday. My heart started racing.. I knew two Dalley families, one in our current ward and one in our ward that was split a couple years back. I immediately thought it was the father of the Dalley's in our current ward, as he is a fireman for the Provo Fire Department. I looked around and didn't see their family, my thoughts were racing. Just then my mom walked in. I asked her if she heard about them. She told me it was the Dalley's 18 year old son, Britton Dalley. They were in our old ward. Their family was one of many with 5 of boys. My mom tried to tell me as much as she knew, she had heard from her friend at work. I then talked to his friends mom that is in our ward. On Tuesday he was driving home and had a seizure and wrecked his car. Come to find out, he had a tumor on his brain the size of an egg. They did surgery to remove the tumor, but then died Wednesday of a stroke. He had no signs of this tumor until the seizure. His family was such a wonderful family! I remember him in our ward, he was such a neat kid, he always smiled at you and opened the door, very polite. Here is his obituary if you would like to see what a great kid he was.

1 comment:

the splendid life of us... said...

Back in March you left a comment on my friend's blog who just adopted their baby girl. I have been keeping up on your blog since then. My husband and I adopted our son in December. We have so much love and admiration for birthmothers. Lately I have felt a need to tell you about the blog of The R House (www.therhouse.blogspot.com) who is a huge adoption advocate and has alot of links on her blog for adoption. Also sweet Carly who is a birthmother (www.itcamepass.blogspot.com). I hope this is ok for me to give you this info, I just thought it really might help you. Even though I don't know you, I feel a deep love for you. The decision you have made for your sweet baby is miraculous.
Brenley
www.bandbfam.blogspot.com