Monday, September 8, 2008

The Death Trap

What is exactly "The Death Trap"??
Sounds scary, huh?

I truly wish I had a picture.

He leaves for work the exact same time in the morning as me.
He takes the exact same roads.
He works in the exact same direction heading to Salem.
If I hadn't ever seen this vehicle I would imagine a fast, hot little sports car, speeding in and out of traffic with some supermodel guy driving...am I right, right??
Ok, then.

Well, then there is something wrong with this picture.

"The Death Trap" is an old beat up truck with bumper stickers all over it like "SAVE A COW, EAT A VEGAN".
It has the nice feature of the roll bar with the lights,
on the tailgate in cursive in the prettiest blue EV-ER it reads
"THE DEATH TRAP",
and instead of being lightning fast like the cute little sports car,
this Death Trap likes to go bloody slow and make people late to work in the mornings.
When on the interstate, diesels are passing "The Death Trap"

because they like to actually go the speed limit at times....
which here in Utah is 65 mph.

There is no need to go BELOW the speed limit, I don't see any mickey mouse tires on this truck...just an fender bender waiting to happen.
Oh, and some major road rage by many Utah passer bys, which we all know happens quite frequent in our great beehive state!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so funny. I was behind him this morning. When the light turned green, I actually thought I needed to speed up really fast to get in front of him and I did..but then I laughed because I looked in my rear view mirror and he was so far back behind me. I hate seeing that darn truck every morning. He does make me late alot!