Sunday, August 17, 2008

2008 FSA National Conference

Last Friday, August 8, I was going about my usual Friday when I checked my email. I had received an email from Jared and Amanda asking if I was planning on going to the FSA Naitonal Conference the next day and that they were going to be there..... I will tell you what--my plans for Saturday quickly changed, for I had the opportunity to see Jared, Amanda and MAX! My caseworker at LDSFS said she had mentioned the conference to me--You know how sometimes you have to kick yourself to get going and you feel better once you have done it? I think that was the case with this...Being my first time attending the FSA National Conference, I don't think I would have gone by myself and therefore I didn't pay too close attention. I am SO glad I had the opportunity to go. Let me explain a little bit what it is all about.....
FSA--Families Supporting Adoption. This is the first year that birthmothers were invited to come, which I am so very grateful for. Adoptive couples and birthmothers come from all over to hear speakers and attend classes. We had the opportunity to hear from Sister Barbara Thompson of the Relief Society General Presidency, I got to meet other birthmothers, and best of all--I had the opportunity to see Jared, Amanda and Max! :)
Me and Amanda

Me and Max

I am so in love with his smile

We call him Peanut--Max Milton, our little M&M Peanut...Amanda said she saw this shirt and had to buy it--I LOVE IT!! 

His eyes are hypnotizing... They said everyone comments on how beautiful his eyes are! I agree :)

He's growing so big!!

Wow. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I had. This was the best day.

3 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

AAAWWWW!!! I love his eyes and cute little smile, too! I'm glad you guys have such a great relationship! What a blessing for you at this time of your life. You've definitely done the right thing and I think you're being blessed for it!

The Ball Babies said...

Ash, he is SO cute! That little shirt he's wearing is perfect for him. I'm so glad you can see him(not to mention that we get to see him, too)Love you Ash,
Love Lindsay

Holly said...

I am continually amazed by you Ashlee. You have no idea of the blessings this will bring to you later in life. Heavenly Father will watch over you for choosing to give Max to Jared and Amanda. I'm glad I've been able to be a part of the process. I love you!